This update brings CCTV Cameras and Computer Stations for all your surveillance needs as well as various optimizations and improvements.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Can equip a trumpet in Auto Turrets
- New optional UI when playing demos (see demo.hud convar)
- New admin/content creator commands to control weather effects on their client (adminclouds, adminfog, adminwind, adminrain)
- New convar to set the cloud rotation (cloudrotation)
- New admin/content creator command to disable underwater bubble effects (underwater_effect)
- New replicated admin convar to change the ocean level for everyone on the server (oceanlevel)
- New console command to add a value to a convar (for example, meta.add oceanlevel 0.1)
- Add support for binding key combinations (for example, bind [leftshift+x] kill)
- Added experimental Steam netcode
- Added CCTV Camera support
- Added Computer Station
- Added Electrical Item information panel
- Fixed blur effect staying on screen during a demo if the demo was playing back in slow motion
- Fixed hostility flag being reset when you die and disconnect from the server
- Fixed custom map markers disappearing when you die and disconnect from the server
- Fixed some item info labels disappearing at odd window resolutions
- Fixed demos failing to load if you have previously connected to a server without restarting the game
- Fixed gun aim jumping after you finish shooting while mounted in a vehicle
- Fixed igniter not igniting candles
- Fixed downloading models from the workshop item editor when there's more than one model file
- Fixed not being able to use demo.skip command once a demo has finished playing
- Fixed exception when looking at entity that is returned to the pool
- Fixed horse leaning exploits
- Fixed sleeper parenting exploits
- Fixed a seemingly endless amount of scrap transport helicopter exploits
- Fixed even more explosive ammo, fire arrow and incendiary rocket exploits
- Fixed various projectile trajectory exploits
- Fixed exploits to create tool cupboards that belong to external / faraway bases
- Fixed "changing network group to null" server warning spam
- Fixed a number of IO entity networking glitches
- Fixed AI weapon usage throwing lists from the memory pool to the garbage collector
- Fixed several small client side projectile pooling issues
- Fixed cargo ship sometimes spawning out of world bounds and immediately killing its scientists
- Fixed cjk player names not showing in team dock
- Fixed item name not showing in inventory under cjk
- Shotgun traps now work in underwater caves.
- Can now switch between multiple demos on the same map/seed without having to disconnect
- Show a more helpful message when trying to build in a monument or too close to another building
- Pressing escape now closes the report dialog
- Road meshes now use several LODs (performance)
- Roadside monuments can spawn next to both main roads and side roads
- Place roadside monuments after all other monuments so they don't take space away from large monuments
- Default world size is now 4250 (from 4000) to give monuments slightly more space to spawn in with the new ring road
- Removed ring road from maps smaller than 4k since it takes away too much space
Place any gun in your turret to defend your base, A new ring road around the island to lead you to your favourite monument, Steam Rich Presence on your friends list and life stats added to the death screen as well as various other optimizations and improvements.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Added .mid file support for instruments.playrecording
- Added stats to death screen
- Added support for Steam Rich Presence
- Added support for Steam Friend Groups
- Added support for MIDI sustain pedal input
- Added global.teleport2owneditem to teleport admin to a players items
- Added player.wakeupall command to wake up all sleepers (cinematography)
- Added player.copyrotation to copy the rotation of a player to a target player (cinematography)
- Added player.mount to mount a given player to the target mountable (cinematography)
- Added two lane ring road
- Added Modular Turrets
- Added save cfg on exit
- Added Message of the day (motd convar)
- Added Support for temporarily banning players (s,m,h,d,w,M,y)
- Added Allow typing when the console autocomplete is active
- Fixed SAM sites in monuments not regenerating if server restarts while the site is destroyed
- Fixed player not being able to wake up if they died while the chat box was open
- Fixed "Musical Maestro" achievement not unlocking correctly (play an instrument to trigger it)
- Fixed several vehicle parenting trigger bugs and exploits
- Fixed road mesh normals
- Fixed Auto Turret bounds so they can no longer be hurt through walls
- Fixed players being able to lag out the server with 1000 fireworks
- Fixed sleeping bags taking 4 days to decay outdoors
- Fixed Quit button delay
- Fixed autoturrets retaliating against SAM sites when they accidentally get hit
- Fixed an item being lost when a corpse with full inventory despawns, the item that can't fit into the backpack will get thrown onto the floor now
- Improved placement logic for tree hit markers
- Changed supermarket, gas station and warehouse to roadside monuments
- Only spawn prefab mountains on 5k maps or larger
- Can no longer build or deploy on roads
- Introduced sane upper limits for monument and cave counts
- Reduced object count on 5k maps or larger (server performance)
- Abandoned cabins is now a tier 0 monument
- Use morphed custom meshes for roads and rivers
- Cull river and road meshes at 1000m distance
- Much cheaper and more effective Horse Armor
Happy Lunar new year to everyone! To help everyone celebrate we have added some new items to the Steam item store.
First off, throughout the Lunar New Year celebration everyone will be able to craft a set of throw-able firecrackers to make a racket. Traditionally set off to scare away evil spirits, many people would set them off when opening the front door before they went out. We somehow doubt these will scare off a dedicated door camper but you can try!
New Year Gong
A very large, very loud gong. You can hit it or shoot it and even play music on it as the note changes based on where it is struck.
To celebrate year of the rat we have created a beautiful bronze and gold Rat Mask. Similar to last years Dragon Mask, it replaces the wolf headdress.
We've added three styles of fireworks which come in two different packages. The Small Fireworks package contains Roman Candles and Volcano style fireworks but if that isn't big and loud enough for you we've added a Large Fireworks package which contains Mortar style shells which create huge colored starbursts in the sky and can be seen for many miles. In addition to 5 different colors, the the Large Fireworks package also contains a Champagne style Mortar which creates the largest and most impressive display of pyrotechnics.
In addition to this year's new items, we’ve added two items from last years sale back to the item store, the Dragon Door Knocker and the Chinese Lantern
The Igniter is a new IO entity that you can use to ignite nearby items - including Fireworks, Campfires, Furnaces, Lanterns, unexploded Beancan grenades and Satchel Charges. While powered the Igniter will automatically start spraying out sparks, igniting anything in a radius that it has line of sight to. Use them to wire up remote firework displays!
Much like the Tesla Coil, the Igniter takes damage while it's running so you won't be able to run it forever without repairs.An item like this would usually be released in a start of month update rather than an event update but we felt that the Igniter would be really useful for setting off fireworks so we brought it forward to this update.
Santa is packing up and clearing out the bodies, we hope you enjoyed the Holiday Season. We're getting back to work after a couple of weeks off which is why this is a light blog and we are looking forward to the journey ahead in 2020!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! The Christmas Event is once again live! If you haven't been around for this before, here's what you can expect:
Every once in a while you will hear the sound of jingle bells. Run outside and look for a gift! Two gifts are spawned per player, in a radius of about 40m from where you are standing. Run up and bash it open to receive your Christmas presents. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. If you have enough small presents stashed, you can "trade up" to a medium. If you choose to unwrap a present, the contents in each will vary. I won't blow the surprise here, but you'll find a mix of resources, weapons, and candy. Some players may receive coal for being absolutely worthless human beings.
Once again, you will be able to find Santa hats and reindeer antlers, both of which can be worn and provide a decent amount of protection. There’s also a lickable candy cane club, and two types of stockings. If you hang a stocking inside your base when the jingle bells ring the stocking will fill up with loot. The larger stocking has a higher chance for better items and both last around 5-10 refills.
You may notice a different look to a few other aspects of the game but we won't spoil them here. Have fun!
We've also added some holiday themed items to the Rust Item Store including some Deluxe Christmas Lights, Check them out!
- Xmas content enabled
- Fixed high bite protection causing animal attacks to heal the player
- Fixed monument labels on map flickering when adding/removing markers
- Fixed scientist loot panel displaying random numbers - now reads "Scientist"
- Fixed being able to reload chainsaw while attacking
- Fixed not being able to save workshop models from the Workshop UI
- Fixed a duplicate MIDI binding on the bass guitar
- Fixed the sharp note bindings not working on instruments
- Reduced chance of tree minigame markers going under the ground
The Instruments DLC pack is now available on Steam for purchase with a 10% launch discount! It includes 10 new instruments with a completely overhauled music input system as well as MIDI support for actual hardware input from compatible devices.
Not sure what all of this is about? The Instrument Pack is our first paid DLC which includes 10 new playable instruments. They all use a completely overhauled music system that allows you to play specific notes (A, B, C, D, E, F, G) across multiple octaves. They also support MIDI input, so you can hook up physical instruments as well as a variety of MIDI related software to really unleash your musical abilities.
The pack includes:
- Wheelbarrow Piano (200 Wood, 100 Metal Frags)
- Junkyard Drum Kit (200 Wood, 100 Metal Frags)
- Shovel Bass (50 Wood, 75 Metal Frags)
- Sousaphone (100 Metal Frags)
- Jerry Can Guitar (25 Wood, 50 Metal Frags)
- Xylobones (50 Bone Fragments)
- Plumber's Trumpet (75 Metal Frags)
- Cowbell (35 Metal Frags)
- Canbourine (25 Metal Frags)
- Pan Flute (20 Metal Frags, 5 Cloth)
Click the image above to read the full blog and changelist!
The annual Steam Awards nominations have started and we hope you’ll vote for Rust to win the “Labor of Love” award.
Rust is nearly 6 years old now and it’s got better every year with more people playing it than ever. In the last year or so alone we’ve seen vehicles from boats[rust.facepunch.com]
and hot air balloons
and also horses[rust.facepunch.com]
with horse armor[rust.facepunch.com]
. We added new areas like the Scientist Compound
and the Bandit Town[rust.facepunch.com]
plus of course, Monuments like the Oil Rig[rust.facepunch.com]
. We put electricity[rust.facepunch.com]
in the game. In the last few months we introduced Killer Mummies at Halloween
, the most epic trees
you’ve ever seen and (soon) we’ve got our first ever DLC
with musical instruments like the Wheelbarrow Piano and Canbourine. Also, Rust looks and plays a hell of a lot better than in Legacy days, so there’s that.
We’re really grateful for all the support the Rust community has shown over the years and we hope this award will recognise that too. All you need to do is click the `Labor of Love 2019` box above for our eternal gratitude!
Halloween is over, trees are fixed and more optimizations, fixes and improvements.
- Added team chat.
- Added chat pop-up menu when clicking a chat message.
- Added chat muting.
- Added "mutelist", "unmute" and "unmuteall" console commands.
- Added Hover Loot, default keybind is hold H.
- Can now hold down on the Give, Take and Drink buttons to automatically transfer water.
- Added new map marker for multiple vending machines in close proximity
- Added teleportlos admin console command to teleport along the line of sight
- Can open debug log file from console screen
- Added in game report system (halloween patch)
- Added notification system on main menu
- Added Medium Battery
- Added "rWm/Rust Watt Minutes" energy storage system
- Added manual Depth of Field mode
- Fixed the delay before firing the second shot with each new bow.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally drop an item in the space between your inventory and your belt.
- Fixed several ways in which the chat window could get stuck open, without input, leaving you unable to move or chat.
- Improved reliability of tree harvesting mini-game
- Fixed hot air balloon parenting exploit
- Fixed late entity pop in when moving very fast
- Fixed minicopters floating in the air if the ground they were resting on was destroyed
- Fixed horses floating in the air if the ground they were resting on was destroyed
- Increased horse frame budget from 0.334ms to 1ms (smoother horses)
- Fixed Cargoship hull interior culling on low object quality
- Fixed missing dune meshes at the water well
- Fixed small refinery placement on ice, rocks and uneven surfaces
- Fixed deploying on Cargoship rudder
- Fixed compound awning culling
- Loot actions are now queued so that items are looted one after another, instead of simultaneously.
- You can now right click an inventory item to move it to your belt.
- You can now drag items directly into/between locker slots without having to swap sets first.
- Added clothing icon to locker clothing slots.
- Extensive rework of monument LODs
- Campfire flames and smoke now move directly upward, even if placed on a slope.
- Large furnace can be placed on world layer (rocks)
- Small water catchers can now be placed on construction
[rust.facepunch.com]HALLOWEEN COMES TO RUST
From now til November 7th 2019 we have a bunch of spooky new features...NEW NPCS: KILLER MUMMIES AND SCARECROWS
Get ready to go up against creepy mummies and scarecrows spawning around the world, armed with pitchforks, butcher knives and chainsaws. Good night and good luck - you’ll need it.NEW EVENT: TRICK OR TREAT!
During each ingame day in Halloween you’ll be able to join trick or treat hunts for as much candy as you can get your hands on (while everyone else tries to do the same, naturally). Once you have enough candy you can craft loot bags that open to reveal goodies, or collect 10 loot bags to upgrade from small to medium and so forth, with chances for better loot each time.HALLOWEEN ITEMS
There’s exclusive Halloween-themed items like graveyard fences and cobwebs to decorate your base. We’ve also got a bunch of Halloween exclusive content both new and old on the Rust Item Store. Spookify your base with candle packs and skull door knockers. Impress your teammates with your bloody Surgeon Scrubs. We also welcome back some favourites like Strobe Lights and the one and only Fogger 3000 fog machine.