Rust+, the official companion app for Rust, is out now! Stay connected to the game so you never miss an important moment again. Coordinate with your team, receive alerts when you’re being raided, remotely set off traps, and more!
Pair with your Servers
Pair with your favorite Rust servers to receive real-time updates for the things that matter the most: player counts, current game time, online teammates, and more. You’ll also get (optional) push notifications whenever one of your teammates joins the game.
Explore the Map
View the full server map to find points of interest, see where your teammates are and check on vending machines. You can also track ongoing events like the attack helicopter and cargo ship.
Keep up with your Team
Communicate with your team from anywhere to just catch up or plan for your next raid. Messages are visible in both the app and the in-game team chat so you can seamlessly switch between the two.
Control your in-game Devices
Connect Smart Switches and Smart Alarms to your in-game electrical contraptions and pair them with Rust+ to control them remotely at any time. Smart Switches let you turn things on or off, and Smart Alarms send customizable push notification alerts when an electrical signal is detected.
Visit the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for more information on this update
- Added Rust+ tab to the main menu
- Added pairing with the companion app (make sure `app.port` isn't firewalled!)
- Added push notifications for when teammates join the server
- Added push notifications for when you're killed when not playing
- Added a deployable Smart Switch
- Added a deployable Smart Alarm
- Added a deployable button
- Added detail layer parameters to the workshop editor (allows removal of "micronormals")
- Added fuzz mask parameter to the workshop editor
- Added Spiral Stairs and Triangle Spiral Stairs building blocks
- Added Ramp and Steps building blocks (replace Foundation Steps)
- Added Triangle Floor Frame building block
- Added Triangle Ladder Hatch deployable
- Added Triangle Floor Grill deployable
- Added conditional wall corners to bases
- Fixed the workshop editor generating blank icons for wearables
- Fixed the workshop editor erroring opening the mining hat
- Fixed a white edge appearing on the generated workshop icons
- Mostly fixed respawning underwater when oceanlevel is increased (avoid underwater islands for now)
- Fixed some bits of code that were not pooling correctly
- Fixed a bunch of NullReferenceException errors
- Fixed game tip code allocating memory occasionally
- Fixed a number of building exploits
- Fixed a number of anti hack exploits
- Fixed a number of anti hack false positives
- Fixed 3rd person weapon attachment offsets
- Fixed spas12 viewmodel - shell floating into shot during reload
- Fixed a bunch of translation setup issues
- Fixed Ch47 Event dropping hackablecrate at the same monument
- Fixed a number of instant death zones inside Caves and Savas
- Reduced memory allocations when updating your inventory
- Reduced memory allocations when pressing buttons
- Improvements to hair material for more natural looking shades
- Improved server performance with Fluid IO Entities
- Improved large furnace deployment
- Updated Hapis Island vending machines
Rust will soon be getting modular cars that players can modify and drive around. With this being a major new feature, we're releasing it initially in a separate version of the game, which is available to try right now.
Our aim with this new beta branch is to allow for plenty of testing not just in terms of fixing bugs, but also in adjusting how the new vehicles fit into the game as a whole. Various aspects may potentially still change such as how they're acquired and used, or balance to their costs and statistics. Please be aware that right now there will be bugs and missing features in this branch.
If you're trying out the vehicles branch, we'd like to get your bug reports, plus any suggestions for changes you think are needed relating to modular cars. The end goal is to have modular cars fit well into the game as something where the value is equal to the time and energy required to use them.
Details of how to access the branch, what to expect and where to give feedback can be found on the Blog Page[rust.facepunch.com]
This update brings Night Vision Goggles, Electric Heaters, Farming 2.0 additions and balances as well as other improvements and fixes.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Added farming vendor to Hapis Island outpost
- Added new Powered Water Purifier
- Added new Fluid Combiner
- Added new Water Pump
- Added Night Vision Goggles
- Added Electric Heater
- Fixed research table deployment at harsh angles
- Fixed Compound "Extra1" vending matchine incorrectly reverting to weapons
- Fixed being able to loot power plant puzzle loot through a gap in the window
- Fixed players getting stuck on train yard and water treatment plant rooftops
- Fixed large and small candles being destroyed when placed on top of a deployable
- Fixed Monument SAM sites been destroyed with melee weapons & tools
- Fixed tooltips being able to go off the side of the screen (most noticeable on Respawn button)
- Fixed slight rounding error on campfire water purifier conversion process
- Fixed some incorrect information when mousing over IO ports on Fluid Switch
- Fixed electrical battery not draining after a server restart in some cases
- Fixed ch47 not dropping crates on land
- Fixed being able to loot airdrop crates with minicopter
- Fixed wheeled vehicles not being able to drive or fly into the Launch Site lowered area
- Fixed players attempting to swim when mounting vehicles that are underwater
- Fixed minicopter using the hot air balloon decay time value instead of its own
- Fixed Gas Station fridge door being positioned incorrectly at lower LOD, and having no collider
- Fixed edge case that caused roadside monuments to spawn upside down
- Fixed 14 exploits and vulnerabilities
- Oilrig hackable crates now inside red keycard puzzle area
- No longer able to bypass monument puzzles using helicopters
- Updated bootstrap loading UI
- Hitting food boxes no longer flags the player as hostile
- Drop boxes are now destroyed correctly when deployed near rocks
- Solar panels now decay when placed outside building privilege
- Sprinklers now decay when placed outside building privilege
- Chairs now decay when placed outside building privilege
- Red key card can now only be used twice
- Sprinklers will now add wetness to players
- Sprinklers will now put out fires
- Sprinklers can now be powered by salt water (will have same effect as splashing salt water)
- Added fluid input/output ports to campfire water purifier
- Combined power on/off electrical inputs on Fluid Switch & Pump into a single Toggle input
- Water Jug now holds 5000ml instead of 4000ml
- Improved visual states on Fluid Switch (powered/unpowered/on/off)
- Hardiness genes now boost temperature happiness
- Removed "unknown genes" and gene display from consumable item info panel
- Increased minimum temperature inside a planter box
- Increased growth and yield gene effectiveness
- Lowered optimal water saturation amount for planter boxes
- Enabled incremental GC on Linux servers
- Smoke grenade available at compound once again
- Changed default string handling to only allow safe strings without control characters
- Faster server entity hiding
- Faster server file storage
- Enabled Linux server incremental GC
- Projectile frame rate is now independent from the physics frame rate
- Harbor monuments now have triple the barrel spawns and oil barrels.
For the next week, once every in-game day an easter egg hunt will begin. You'll have 3 minutes to collect as many eggs as you can. The top 3 players are given special eggs as a reward. These eggs can be cracked open for various types of loot ranging from scrap all the way up to an M249!
If you don't make the podium, that's okay. The painted eggs you collect can be upgraded to Bronze eggs once you collect 10. If you collect 10 bronze eggs then you can upgrade to a silver egg, eventually all the way to gold!
There are various items available to help you during your hunt. The Easter Basket will allow instant pickup of eggs and the Bunny Onesie and Ears will provide you an advantage via Egg Vision.
This year we've added two new Rustigé Eggs, each has a new monument with their own associated rust theme.
We've also added a new Nest Hat which functions as a replacement for the wolf headdress. Yes, the eyes are googly.
This update brings a whole revamp to the farming system along with new items to help you keep your crops in perfect condition as well as other improvements and fixes.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Upgraded to Unity 2019.3
- Added Hose Tool item
- Added Fluid Switch & Pump item
- Added Fluid Splitter item
- Reworked plant growth systems
- Added plant resiliences
- Added potato plants
- Added potato consumable
- Added plant fiber item
- Added composter deployable
- Added fertilizer item
- Added horse dung item
- Horses now produce horse dung
- Added plant genetics
- Cloning now transfers genetics
- Added plant crossbreeding
- Horses now trigger landmines
- Added new farming related vendors at bandit town and outpost
- Fixed a number of high profile DOS attack vulnerabilities
- Fixed drive select button in workshop save UI not working
- Fixed water mesh in water bucket appearing distorted
- Fixed being able to mount ladders through windows
- Fixed large water catcher placement on terrain
- Fixed large floor spikes placement on terrain
- Fixed Windmill vane culling
- Optimized navmesh generation at server startup (now at least 4x faster)
- Added additional DOS attack preventative measures
- Added liquid sockets for hoses on Large Water Catcher, Small Water Catcher and Water Barrel
- Keylocks stackable to 10
- Water purifier processes water twice as fast
- Water purifier stores twice as much water
- Moved airfield CCTV camera so it's not overlooking recycler
- Planters are now stackable
This update brings CCTV Cameras and Computer Stations for all your surveillance needs as well as various optimizations and improvements.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Can equip a trumpet in Auto Turrets
- New optional UI when playing demos (see demo.hud convar)
- New admin/content creator commands to control weather effects on their client (adminclouds, adminfog, adminwind, adminrain)
- New convar to set the cloud rotation (cloudrotation)
- New admin/content creator command to disable underwater bubble effects (underwater_effect)
- New replicated admin convar to change the ocean level for everyone on the server (oceanlevel)
- New console command to add a value to a convar (for example, meta.add oceanlevel 0.1)
- Add support for binding key combinations (for example, bind [leftshift+x] kill)
- Added experimental Steam netcode
- Added CCTV Camera support
- Added Computer Station
- Added Electrical Item information panel
- Fixed blur effect staying on screen during a demo if the demo was playing back in slow motion
- Fixed hostility flag being reset when you die and disconnect from the server
- Fixed custom map markers disappearing when you die and disconnect from the server
- Fixed some item info labels disappearing at odd window resolutions
- Fixed demos failing to load if you have previously connected to a server without restarting the game
- Fixed gun aim jumping after you finish shooting while mounted in a vehicle
- Fixed igniter not igniting candles
- Fixed downloading models from the workshop item editor when there's more than one model file
- Fixed not being able to use demo.skip command once a demo has finished playing
- Fixed exception when looking at entity that is returned to the pool
- Fixed horse leaning exploits
- Fixed sleeper parenting exploits
- Fixed a seemingly endless amount of scrap transport helicopter exploits
- Fixed even more explosive ammo, fire arrow and incendiary rocket exploits
- Fixed various projectile trajectory exploits
- Fixed exploits to create tool cupboards that belong to external / faraway bases
- Fixed "changing network group to null" server warning spam
- Fixed a number of IO entity networking glitches
- Fixed AI weapon usage throwing lists from the memory pool to the garbage collector
- Fixed several small client side projectile pooling issues
- Fixed cargo ship sometimes spawning out of world bounds and immediately killing its scientists
- Fixed cjk player names not showing in team dock
- Fixed item name not showing in inventory under cjk
- Shotgun traps now work in underwater caves.
- Can now switch between multiple demos on the same map/seed without having to disconnect
- Show a more helpful message when trying to build in a monument or too close to another building
- Pressing escape now closes the report dialog
- Road meshes now use several LODs (performance)
- Roadside monuments can spawn next to both main roads and side roads
- Place roadside monuments after all other monuments so they don't take space away from large monuments
- Default world size is now 4250 (from 4000) to give monuments slightly more space to spawn in with the new ring road
- Removed ring road from maps smaller than 4k since it takes away too much space
Place any gun in your turret to defend your base, A new ring road around the island to lead you to your favourite monument, Steam Rich Presence on your friends list and life stats added to the death screen as well as various other optimizations and improvements.
Check out the Devblog[rust.facepunch.com]
for detailed information.
- Added .mid file support for instruments.playrecording
- Added stats to death screen
- Added support for Steam Rich Presence
- Added support for Steam Friend Groups
- Added support for MIDI sustain pedal input
- Added global.teleport2owneditem to teleport admin to a players items
- Added player.wakeupall command to wake up all sleepers (cinematography)
- Added player.copyrotation to copy the rotation of a player to a target player (cinematography)
- Added player.mount to mount a given player to the target mountable (cinematography)
- Added two lane ring road
- Added Modular Turrets
- Added save cfg on exit
- Added Message of the day (motd convar)
- Added Support for temporarily banning players (s,m,h,d,w,M,y)
- Added Allow typing when the console autocomplete is active
- Fixed SAM sites in monuments not regenerating if server restarts while the site is destroyed
- Fixed player not being able to wake up if they died while the chat box was open
- Fixed "Musical Maestro" achievement not unlocking correctly (play an instrument to trigger it)
- Fixed several vehicle parenting trigger bugs and exploits
- Fixed road mesh normals
- Fixed Auto Turret bounds so they can no longer be hurt through walls
- Fixed players being able to lag out the server with 1000 fireworks
- Fixed sleeping bags taking 4 days to decay outdoors
- Fixed Quit button delay
- Fixed autoturrets retaliating against SAM sites when they accidentally get hit
- Fixed an item being lost when a corpse with full inventory despawns, the item that can't fit into the backpack will get thrown onto the floor now
- Improved placement logic for tree hit markers
- Changed supermarket, gas station and warehouse to roadside monuments
- Only spawn prefab mountains on 5k maps or larger
- Can no longer build or deploy on roads
- Introduced sane upper limits for monument and cave counts
- Reduced object count on 5k maps or larger (server performance)
- Abandoned cabins is now a tier 0 monument
- Use morphed custom meshes for roads and rivers
- Cull river and road meshes at 1000m distance
- Much cheaper and more effective Horse Armor
Happy Lunar new year to everyone! To help everyone celebrate we have added some new items to the Steam item store.
First off, throughout the Lunar New Year celebration everyone will be able to craft a set of throw-able firecrackers to make a racket. Traditionally set off to scare away evil spirits, many people would set them off when opening the front door before they went out. We somehow doubt these will scare off a dedicated door camper but you can try!
New Year Gong
A very large, very loud gong. You can hit it or shoot it and even play music on it as the note changes based on where it is struck.
To celebrate year of the rat we have created a beautiful bronze and gold Rat Mask. Similar to last years Dragon Mask, it replaces the wolf headdress.
We've added three styles of fireworks which come in two different packages. The Small Fireworks package contains Roman Candles and Volcano style fireworks but if that isn't big and loud enough for you we've added a Large Fireworks package which contains Mortar style shells which create huge colored starbursts in the sky and can be seen for many miles. In addition to 5 different colors, the the Large Fireworks package also contains a Champagne style Mortar which creates the largest and most impressive display of pyrotechnics.
In addition to this year's new items, we’ve added two items from last years sale back to the item store, the Dragon Door Knocker and the Chinese Lantern
The Igniter is a new IO entity that you can use to ignite nearby items - including Fireworks, Campfires, Furnaces, Lanterns, unexploded Beancan grenades and Satchel Charges. While powered the Igniter will automatically start spraying out sparks, igniting anything in a radius that it has line of sight to. Use them to wire up remote firework displays!
Much like the Tesla Coil, the Igniter takes damage while it's running so you won't be able to run it forever without repairs.An item like this would usually be released in a start of month update rather than an event update but we felt that the Igniter would be really useful for setting off fireworks so we brought it forward to this update.
Santa is packing up and clearing out the bodies, we hope you enjoyed the Holiday Season. We're getting back to work after a couple of weeks off which is why this is a light blog and we are looking forward to the journey ahead in 2020!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! The Christmas Event is once again live! If you haven't been around for this before, here's what you can expect:
Every once in a while you will hear the sound of jingle bells. Run outside and look for a gift! Two gifts are spawned per player, in a radius of about 40m from where you are standing. Run up and bash it open to receive your Christmas presents. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. If you have enough small presents stashed, you can "trade up" to a medium. If you choose to unwrap a present, the contents in each will vary. I won't blow the surprise here, but you'll find a mix of resources, weapons, and candy. Some players may receive coal for being absolutely worthless human beings.
Once again, you will be able to find Santa hats and reindeer antlers, both of which can be worn and provide a decent amount of protection. There’s also a lickable candy cane club, and two types of stockings. If you hang a stocking inside your base when the jingle bells ring the stocking will fill up with loot. The larger stocking has a higher chance for better items and both last around 5-10 refills.
You may notice a different look to a few other aspects of the game but we won't spoil them here. Have fun!
We've also added some holiday themed items to the Rust Item Store including some Deluxe Christmas Lights, Check them out!
- Xmas content enabled
- Fixed high bite protection causing animal attacks to heal the player
- Fixed monument labels on map flickering when adding/removing markers
- Fixed scientist loot panel displaying random numbers - now reads "Scientist"
- Fixed being able to reload chainsaw while attacking
- Fixed not being able to save workshop models from the Workshop UI
- Fixed a duplicate MIDI binding on the bass guitar
- Fixed the sharp note bindings not working on instruments
- Reduced chance of tree minigame markers going under the ground