Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC
with 15 minutes
of downtime expected. Fleet Carriers
- Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
- Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
- Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
- Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
- Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
- Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
- Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
- Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved.
- Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
- Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
- Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
- Galactic average prices were updated.
- Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
- Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
- Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise[issues.frontierstore.net]
The downtime will begin at 09:50 UTC, and we expect maintenance to conclude by 10:30 UTC.
In the meantime, here are the patch notes for what we're changing:Commodity Market
- Reduced repeat speed on market selection arrows on Compare Market screen.
- Reduced the largest possible yield when subsurface mining for Low Temperature Diamonds by around 25%.
- Decreased the effectiveness of the peripheries of Low Temperature Diamond hotspots.
- Overlapping hotspots for Low Temperature Diamonds, when coupled with the new Subsurface Mining changes, were more effective than the centre of the hotspot itself. This change increases the drop-off of the hotspot's ring, reducing the likelihood that a double-overlapped hotspot is more lucrative than either of the hotspot's centrepoints. A well-placed triple hotspot will still be very effective at increasing the likelihood of finding Low Temperature Diamonds. This change does not affect any other hotspots or minerals.
- Fixed a disconnect triggered by selling exploration data at a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed an occasional crash when entering a system with a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed an issue with some bookmarks being missing.
Arx & Customisation
- Fixed an issue which could cause a Fleet Carrier purchase transaction to fail.
- Skybox will now correctly update after a Fleet Carrier jump without having to re-enter the instance.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to install additional Carrier services even if they didn't have capacity.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate Fleet Carrier call-signs - this will cause all Fleet Carrier call signs to be regenerated as of 3.7.01.
- Fixed some issues with stats not correctly updating.
- Fixed an issues with carrier jump sequence not always proceeding correctly.
- Fixed an issues which caused some Fleet Carrier nameplates to be obscured.
- Fixed the colour of landing pad 7 holo-marker on Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching Fleet Carrier Layout.
- Fixed missing ATC voices at starports.
- Fixed issue with outfitting ambiance audio layering up on top of itself when going between outfitting and livery.
- Fixed an issue with Engineer Remote Workshop ambiance persisting into the main game, and can layer up on itself too.
- Fixed missing titles for the audio logs associated with the Golconda.
- Fixed an issue where a collect/source mission would request commodities on sale at the same location.
- Fixed an issue which caused mission critical updates to not appear in the inbox.
- Added a speculative fix for an issue that could cause the game to add excessive NavRoute entries to the journal when looking at the Galaxy Map.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
- Fixed the missing cooldown time which would allow players to repeatedly obtain their allocation of powerplay materials.
- Reinstated missing locations.
- Ongoing balancing of Faction influence normalisation.
We'll add an update here once the servers are live again,
Stay safe and o7 Commanders.
Thank you for sharing your feedback since the launch of Fleet Carriers! As a result, we will be having scheduled maintenance tomorrow at 09:30 (UTC) expected to last approximately an hour.
This patch will address various bugs and issues that you have reported to us, with the patch notes to come tomorrow.
Yesterday we launched the Fleet Carriers update. Thank you to all the Commanders who have shared issues they've faced so far. To address these, we are planning maintenance later today at 15:00 UTC which will require some downtime expected to last up to an hour. This post describes the key issues we intend to resolve during this downtime.
Some Commanders had their missions removed unexpectedly. This especially affected Commanders undertaking longer missions. We will restore missions from before the update to minimise the impact on players. Due to the structure of the missions system, this means that any missions taken after the update will disappear. We'll implement this in a way to make this as fair as possible - more details will be shared on this after the maintenance.
A server issue meant that Commanders were able to unfairly advance their chosen Power rapidly. Knowing the importance of Powerplay to many of our more experienced players, we have thought carefully about which steps to take next. As such, we have decided to rollback the Powerplay system to undo the effects of the disruption. This means that Powerplay will return to its state from before the update. This decision was made in the interest of maintaining fair play throughout the community.
The same server disruption caused an issue whereby sites such as Dav's Hope, the Jameson Crash Site, Guardian sites etc. were not present after the update. These will be restored gradually throughout the course of today, with the bulk being re-added after the downtime.
Thank you all for your feedback! Please continue to use the Issue Tracker[issues.frontierstore.net]
and sharing any new issues on the Known Issues thread[forums.frontier.co.uk]
Thanks for your understanding,
The Elite Dangerous Team
Itís possible that some PC players may initially have problems logging into the Fleet Carriers Update.
If you experience an error message regarding Invalid Machine IDís, please make sure you perform the following steps:
- Open the Launcher.
- Click Options -> Log Out Machine.
- Itís really important to use Log Out Machine, and not just Log Out!
- Restart the Launcher, fill in your details, and log into game.
Greetings Commanders,"CAPITAL-CLASS SHIP DETECTED"
Fleet Carriers are now traversing beta hyperspace and they will arrive in the live Elite Dangerous galaxy today. We would like to give another big thank you to everyone who participated in the betas and provided us with the feedback to make Fleet Carriers what they are today!
For a recap of what Fleet Carriers have to offer, read below. Catch up with the full Patch Notes by clicking the link here
These monolithic mega ships are a mobile base of operations for you and anyone you want to welcome aboard. With a 500-light-year jump range, Fleet Carriers provide a new platform for deep-space exploration and long-range travel, equipped with every essential you could ever need. No matter where you are in space, youíre home on a Fleet Carrier.
Offering a range of on-board services, capabilities, and customisation options, Fleet Carriers are truly tailored to suit your play style, offering you the ability to rearm, refuel, and repair on-the-go. Here are six great features making Fleet Carriers well worth purchasing in Elite Dangerous.Deep Space Exploration
Exploring the far reaches of our galaxy can be a long and daunting journey. With Fleet Carriers running on newly discovered element Tritium, you can now make staggering jumps of up to 500 light-years, enabling you to establish a forward operating base and explore surrounding systems. Top up fuel reserves by mining ice asteroids to prepare for the long journey home.A new source of income
You have to spend money to make money, and there are plenty of ways to do both on your Fleet Carrier. Owners can impose stiff tariffs for visitors who wish to use their shipís services, letting you earn extra when Commanders sell bonds, buy modules, and more. Any funds you accrue will deposit directly into your Fleet Carrierís bank, and you can withdraw them at any time. Whether youíre feeling relaxed or ruthless, the finances are up to you.Your own personal shipyard
Fleet Carriers let you bring the whole crew along for the ride. With ample room for a range of craft both above and below deck, itís never been easier to organise your squadron. Each Fleet Carrier has 16 landing pads, allowing for eight large ships, four medium ships, and four small ships in total. Touch down and browse potential upgrades, or take the party to a new system. Your Fleet Carrierís capacity, services, and local Superpower reputation is visible to everyone at a glance.Control Landing Clearance
Who comes aboard your Fleet Carrier is entirely your call. Choose whether only friends have docking permission, extend the invitation to squadron members, or throw open the gates to anyone with a pulse. An additional setting lets you control if Commanders with notoriety can dock, letting you give refuge to criminals or protect your good name. Visitors can see what your Fleet Carrierís focus is via the interface, whether thatís mining, bounty hunting, pirating, and more. Upgrade with a range of services
Fleet Carriers are powerful, versatile, and purpose-built to work for you. Optimise your experience by adding extra features, from Universal Cartographics and Outfitting, to your own personal Redemption Officer. Keep it quiet and you might even decide to invite along a fence, whoíll facilitate the trade of illegal cargo on-board. Your Fleet Carrier, your rules. Keep your carrier jump ready
Like any good Commander, youíll need to employ a trusty crew to run all of the operations. Your Deck Officer, for example, is responsible for day-to-day maintenance, navigation, weaponry, and other duties. In addition, each service you introduce corresponds to a Head Crew Member. Provided youíve got the credits to cover upkeep costs, you can turn your Fleet Carrier into its own micro economy.
We'll keep you updated on when the Fleet Carriers Update is live, but in the meantime, why not jump into our Launch Day livestream over on Twitch[www.twitch.tv]
? We'll be joined by Head of Online, Dav Stott, to talk through Fleet Carriers and their journey from beta to launch. Don't miss it, starting at 11:00 AM UTC.
Our servers are currently down as they are preparing the galaxy for the arrival of the Fleet Carriers Update, but don't worry we are making sure that you can still get your Elite Dangerous fix!
We will be going live with our Fleet Carriers Update Launch Livestream over on our Twitch channel[www.twitch.tv]
, at 11:00AM UTC.
But before that you can find the Patch Notes below:Fleet Carriers Features
- Fleet Carriers are massive ships used as a mobile base of operations, offering multiple landing pads and various services.
- Fleet Carriers cost 5 billion credits.
- Players can purchase a Fleet Carrier from starports with a Fleet Carrier Vendor contact.
- Fleet Carriers come with 16 landing pads, 8 large, 4 medium and 4 small.
- Fleet Carrier owners can manage docking permissions to determine who can land on their Fleet Carrier.
- Fleet Carriers can jump up to 500ly.
- Fleet Carriers use the new commodity, Tritium, to perform a jump.
- Owners can install a variety of services on a Fleet Carrier to support their play style.
- Fleet Carriers have a weekly upkeep cost which must be maintained to keep the Fleet Carrier running.
- Fleet Carriers have player controlled commodity markets which the owner can use to buy and sell goods.
- Fleet Carrier owners can also set tariffs on some of the services they offer to help pay their running
- Fleet Carriers can be customised, similar to regular ships, with items purchased from the Livery.
- Fleet Carriers take 15 minutes to prepare for a jump, and have a 5 minute cool-down after.
- Universal Cartographics is an optional service on Fleet Carriers.
- Fleet Carrier owners can store their ships and modules aboard their Fleet Carrier by default.
- When decommissioning a carrier you will receive a full refund.
- Voluntary decommissioning will incur a fee equivalent to 50% of the Debt Threshold.
- When cancelling the decommissioning of a Fleet Carrier, the owner will receive an inbox message to confirm the cancellation.
- Players will now receive ARX for killing Scavengers.
- Fixed an issue which caused the SRV Bay to be visible when viewing SRV paint jobs on a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
- The Discovery Scanners full system scan SFX no longer triggers in the store.
- Fixed the issue which would cause the damage alarm in Guardian Fighters to get stuck on a loop.
- Fixed the missing sound on a Large AX Multicannon.
- Added missing voice-over when requesting to dock.
- Added the Gamescom Prize to rename "Wregoe WF-F d11-30" to "Cheltojo System GC19".
- Corrected data for HIP83701 to show its population in the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue that caused System Authority ships to be found in Supercruise in Anarchy systems.
- Partially fixed an issue with some Codex discoveries not being visible to other players in some galactic regions. The bug may still be occurring with some lifeforms (e.g. Tubers).
- Fixed a bug which caused the focus to jump to the top of the grid after exiting out of any section within the Knowledge Base or Pilots Handbook.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Conflict Zones to end abruptly.
- Fixed the bug that occasionally wouldn't register your choice when picking a side.
- Fixed the issue where objectives were missing when dropping into Conflict Zones.
- The Beluga Liner and Cobra Mk IV can no longer be selected in the Livery unless the player has the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed the "Tail 4" part of the Federal Gunship Ship Kit so that it aligns with the ship.
- Fixed the worn paint on the Diamondback Explorer Ship Kit pieces.
- Fixed the Krait Phantom Thruster that was being obstructed by Ship Kit piece, Tail 1.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC Crew could stop responding to orders in Anti-Xeno Conflict Zones.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes stopped NPC Fighters being deployed.
- Added the ability to queue for CQC matchmaking from in-game. When you find a match you will be prompted to join.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when entering Multicrew.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after the Multicrew report screen.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when attempting to accept two Multicrew invites.
- Fixed a crash triggered by accessing the Power Play interface while in Hyperspace.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the Role Switch Panel was accessed in CQC.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the Livery after using a Fighter.
- Visited stars cache data will no longer be lost if the game crashes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the game to stutter in areas of the galaxy with a high density of stars.
- Improved network performance of NPC Fighters and ships to reduce network lag.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that occurred when attempting to load back into an AX Conflict Zones in close proximity to an Asteroid Belt.
- Fixed a crash that would occur in the training missions.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to Bookmark a starport.
- Locations discovered using the DSS will now be listed in the System Map correctly after returning to a system.
- Fixed an issue which could cause discoveries in the Codex to show the wrong image.
- Fixed a problem which could cause Surface Data to generate in the background at such a low priority that it would stop.
- Updated how Faction influence adds up to 100% in a star system to keep more of a Faction's trending direction.
- Fixed some incorrect planet base names.
- Renamed some locations for competition winners.
- 59 Virginis 4 renamed to Alchemia Virginis.
- 59 Virginis 8 A renamed to Lapis Philosophorum.
- 59 Virginis, Hilmer's Gateway renamed to The Tavern.
- Rhea 4 renamed to Foursyth.
- Ingui, Phillips Terminal renamed to Szymanski and Usalski Hub.
- LHS 2335 renamed to Faisel C.
- Praea EUQ RX-U D2-101 renamed to Wheeler's Star.
- Added new set of Player Minor Factions.
- Added the missing text at the Technology Broker unlock screen for the Thargoid Interceptor Bobblehead.
- Fixed an overlapping text issue on the Mission Board in Russian.
- System State names now wrap onto a second line to avoid localised text being cut off.
- Fixed localisation of Tourist Beacon text in Portuguese.
- Fixed a grammar issue in Reputation Change inbox message.
- Updated titles for NPCs.
- Fixed an unlocalised "Signals Detected" message that was displayed when scanning bodies.
- Fixed a cut off string in the Kick Player pop-up.
- Added missing text for damaged Megaships in the Navigation Panel.
- Crime Victim Data is now localised in the Player Journal.
- NPC mining ships will now have a more appropriate cargo based on contents of the rings in their system, including Low Temperature Diamonds.
- Added a fix for Crystalline Clusters falling through the floor.
- Implemented a fix that will stop Core Mining Fragments from penetrating into Asteroids.
- Sub-Surface Mining Deposits can now eject multiple resource chunks from one successful hit.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some missions to fail before their expiration time runs out.
- The 'Total Units Needed' will now update in the Commodity Market as Collect Missions progress.
- Delivery Mission Cargo is now marked as 'Mission Specific' to prevent the Commodity Market showing the commodity as mission required.
- Added a MissionAccepted event in the Player Journal for missions obtained outside of the Mission Board (eg Palin's mission).
- Corrected some misleading mission text which implied that Retreat Missions would help a Faction leave a system, which was the exact opposite of what was happening. These now indicate that Retreat Missions might prevent a retreat.
- Added depot support to Solo mining missions.
- Megaship Turret Missions will now indicate system distance on the Mission Board.
- If the player has an active Delivery mission, then the mission commodity will no longer have the mission required icon next to it on the Commodities Market.
- Fixed the issue which caused the Gunner Role to lose control of Weapon Turrets after entering or exiting a location.
- Fixed an issue which meant subsequent Mulitcrew invites would not work, and would incorrectly show if a player did not have the Horizons DLC.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Conflict Zones spawning ships if a Multicrew player was present.
- Added in a fix for Multicrew players being disconnected after dropping out of Supercruise.
New Player Experience
- Increased the chance of players meeting previously encountered players when revisiting systems in a session.
- Players can now block any player, not just friends or pending friends.
- Players won't be asked to target an enemy ship if they already have it targeted.
- Fixed the issue which incorrectly told players they were leaving the test area when they weren't.
- Fixed an issue where System Authority Ships could jump into the combat tutorial.
- Fixed the Intro Tutorial's Sidewinder sometimes displaying 119/120 cargo capacity.
- Fixed a graphical issue on the tunnel section in the intro tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the SRV tutorial which could cause the player to get stuck if they land too quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the game didn't always register when players flew through the first check point.
- Reduced mass of the size 1 Meta Alloy Hull Reinforcement Package.
- Fixed an issue where after applying synthesis on the Advanced Multicannon, the synthesis would be removed when you used the Advanced Maintenance to restock any other Modules (Mines/AFMU etc.).
- Changed change tag name from StarSystem to SystemAddress in NavRoute data.
- Added system names to Route Event data.
- Reimplemented the Main Menu Music event.
- Added an event for when a Fleet Carrier is renamed.
- Fixed a bug where RefuelAll and RepairAll events were written with a null string as the event name.
- EngineerProgress event is now correctly written when ranking up with an Engineer.
- Bounty events now include localised ship names.
- "latlong" flag now set when in a station.
- Fixed status flags for HUD in analysis and Low Fuel when in SRV.
- Fixed loadout data written after launching a Ship Launched Fighter.
- We no longer write a value for ReservePercent to the Journal if total balance is zero or negative.
- We now include the body name in CarrierJumpRequest.
- Added an event for cancelling a Fleet Carrier jump.
- We now include Carrier Docking Restrictions in market.json file.
- We now include the Body name in the Carrier Jump Request.
- Added a fix to stop starport interiors from picking up light from stars.
- Fixed the visible line in the Millky Way.
- Fixed a small graphical error on exterior of the Beluga Liner.
- Fixed an issue on the Viper MK IV which meant the paint work could never be fully repaired.
- Fixed a small graphical error on the exterior of the Orca.
- Fixed a bug which caused Landing Gear/Cargo Hatch to visibly clip into the cockpit.
- Added a fix for Squadron applications that were still showing after being accepted/declined.
- Corrected the ETA numbers when approaching targets in Supercruise.
- Fixed a broken terrain issue at some Thargoid Ruins sites.
- Fixed a bug which could cause Thargoid Interceptors to not appear in Nonhuman Signal Sources.
- Added a speculative fix for the invincible Thargoid hearts bug.
- Fixed Thargoid Interceptors not using their special weapons when near a Planet's Surface.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop players being credited correctly for participating in a Thargoid Interceptor kill.
- Fixed Caustic damage not being removed by overheating your ship.
- Fixed Logs for Generation Ships having no scroll bar in the Codex archive, which prevented entries being read in full
- Fixed an issue which stopped cockpit panels being accessible while using Station Services.
In addition to the Patch Notes above, here is a list of some previous changes from the Betas:
- Total Ships Restocked stat is now correctly updated.
- Improved fleet carrier navigation around locations like White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, certain rings and close orbits.
- Fixed timer on decommissioning Fleet Carriers.
- Squadron bookmarks made for a Fleet Carrier location now move with the Carrier when it jumps.
- Fixed an issue on the System Map where if selecting a destination with other Fleet Carriers present, multiple Fleet Carriers would display the jump icon.
- Carrier can no longer spawn in Permit Locked systems when initially spawned.
- Fixed an issues with commodities not being visible in carrier commodity board or black market screens after being transferred to a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed Fleet Carrier Codex stats for commodities imported/exported being the wrong way around.
- Stored ship icons now move with Fleet Carrier when it jumps.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to earn credits by selling to their own Fleet Carrier while in a Wing.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the cargo transfer screen to overlap the other cockpit panels.
- Added salvaged commodities to list of items that can be transferred to a Fleet Carrier via the Cargo Transfer Panel.
- Added option to directly enter the number of credits to transfer to Fleet Carriers budget.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the 'Cancel Docking' option to persist after docking on Fleet Carrier.
- Added a new icon for decommissioned Fleet Carriers on the System Map.
- Inbox message notifying the player that their transferred ship has arrived will now arrive at the same time as the ship, rather than being sent instantly.
- The docking menu quick action options (refuel, repair, etc) will now not work if the player has anonymous access.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some Hardpoints from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a problem that would sometimes prevent selling a commodity on the Fleet Carrier's Secure Market.
- Fixed an issue when changing a commodity directly from 'buy' to 'sell' or vice versa.
- Changed Codex Stats to record the full value of vouchers redeemed at the Redemption Office.
- Added the Fleet Carrier Administration Service to more star systems near Colonia.
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on 09 June at 07:30AM UTC
for approximately 7 hours
as we apply the Fleet Carriers Update. While we expect maintenance to stay within this window, we will inform you via the forums and our social channels if this changes.
Whilst the servers are down, tune into our Fleet Carriers Update Launch Livestream on our Twitch channel [www.twitch.tv]
at 11:00AM UTC
, as we talk about the update and all the latest from the Elite community.
Thank you for your patience and we'll see you in the black!
To celebrate the reveal of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
we are running an awesome giveaway!
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will bring a whole new dimension to your Elite Dangerous gameplay, and what better way to do that than with a brand new custom Overclockers UK
We've partnered with Overclockers UK to give away this very special prize, which is wrapped in a one of a kind Elite Dangerous: Odyssey case
. Check out the full technical specification below:
- Overclockers UK Kinetic Z4 Ė Intel Z490 Configurable Comet Lake DDR4 Gaming PC
- Intel Core i5-10400F 2.90 GHz (Comet Lake) Socket LGA1200 CPU
- Alpenfohn Brocken ECO Advanced CPU Cooler Ė 120mm
- Team Group Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200 MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Nvidia GeForce RTX2070 SUPER founders edition 8G 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express
- Team Group 250GB Vulcan SSD 2.5 SATA 6GBPs 3d NAND SSD
- Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB Cache HDD
- Win10 Home Advanced
- Bullguard Internet Security Ė Anti Virus and Security 1 Year Free
To enter, simply click here[www.overclockers.co.uk]
and follow the giveaway's instructions. The more actions you carry out, the more entries you'll receive, giving you better chances of winning this amazing prize!
The giveaway ends on the 3 July 2020 11:59 PM (UTC)
It's time to disembark, Commander.
We are delighted to share with you a glimpse of the Next Era - Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.
Explore distant worlds on foot, expand the frontier of known space and leave your mark on the galaxy as you become the first person in history to explore lands untouched since time began.
So you've disembarked, you're standing for the first time on an unexplored planet. What can you do next? Here's an overview of what you can look forward to in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.One Giant Leap
See the galaxy like never before. Touch down on breathtaking planets powered by stunning new tech, soak in suns rising over unforgettable vistas, discover outposts and settlements, and explore with unrestricted freedom. Forge Your Own Path
Take on a wide variety of contracts and play your way, from diplomacy and commerce to lethal stealth and all-out combat. Diverse settings, objectives, and NPCs offer endless mission variety and a near infinite amount of content to enjoy.Assemble Your Crew
Social hubs spread throughout the galaxy give Commanders the ideal place to plan their next move. Form alliances, procure services, and even find expert support in highly coveted Engineers. These public outposts also help you acquire and upgrade weapons and gear to perfect your playing style.The Sphere of Combat
Experience intense first-person combat, kit out your character with an array of weapons and gear, and coordinate with teammates to master a multi-layered, deep, tactical environment where Commanders, SRVs and Starships converge.
From now until launch, we'll be sharing more information, developer diaries and trailers as we get ready to embark on this exciting new adventure! Click here to wishlist here on Steam.